Recommended Blogs

Get outta the office, get into your bikini!

FASHION - :)

Hey (hey) you (you), get into a bikini
Who me?
Yes you, get into a bikini
Wooooooooooooooh. Wah! Yeah!

Who's that lady
Coming down the road
Who's that lady
Who's that woman
Walking through my door
What's the score
I'll be the sun
Shining on you
Hey Cinderella
Step in your shoe
I'll be your non-stop lover
Get it while you can
Your non-stop miracle
I'm your man

Get outta the office
Get into a bikini
Get outta the office
Get in the back seat baby
Get into a bikini
Beep beep, yeah
Get outta my mind
Get into my life
Oooooooooh
Oh I said hey (Hey) you (You)
Get into a bikini

Oh baby


Okay, I totally admit to ripping off Billy Ocean's song... but hey, it was all for a good cause... the cause of getting sun and wearing your bikini.

To get you started here is an old blog post I found about Toronto beaches. They're world class beaches. Seriously, and that is just in Toronto CANADA! Just imagine the really nice beaches if you live somewhere like Hawaii...

Nevertheless it does make you wonder... I mean Toronto people mostly work in offices. Toronto lawyers, Toronto website designers, Toronto bankers, Toronto accountants, Toronto mailroom clerks, Toronto IT staff... basically every boring office job you can think of... and right outside their stuffy offices are "world class beaches" just waiting to be used, waded in, sunbathed on... and half of the people in those offices are presumably women, right?

Although I admit some of them might be in the 40 to 65 range and shy about wearing a bikini, that should not discourage them from dieting in time for summer (ie. The Master Cleanse Detox Diet)... and not just dieting either. Don't forget exercise! Yoga, Weightlifting, Parkour and other healthy activities.

Lets take for example Canada's rather tubby Prime Minister... Stephen Harper. The guy lives at 24 Sussex in Ottawa. Guaranteed his fish belly white legs hasn't seen a beach in a long time... Just a sec, let me do a Google image search and see if my hunch is right.

Yup, the closest thing to Stephen Harper going to the beach is the Beaches of Normandy on Remembrance Day (you know, to remember the Canadian soldiers who died freeing France from the clutches of Nazism during WWII). And he's wearing a suit.

Anyway my point, my original point, was that bikini / swimsuit wearing should not be limited to people stuck in Toronto offices. EVERYONE! From the Prime Minister in Ottawa to the lowly blue collar installer of Ottawa windows should get out there, get some sun... and burn, baby burn!

BURN, BABY BURN
BURN, BABY BURN
BURN, BABY BURN
BURN, BABY BURN, BURNIN'

TOOK BY SUPRISE, ONE HUNDRED STORIES HIGH
PEOPLE, GET LOOSE YOUR, GETTING DOWN ON THE ROOF
DON'T YOU HEAR, FOLKS SCREAMING, OUT OF CONTROL
IT WAS SO ENTERTAININ', WHEN THE BOOGIE
STARTS TO EXPLODE, I HEARD SOMEBODY SAY

BURN, BABY BURN, DISCO INFERNO
BURN, BABY BURN, COME BURN THAT MOTHER DOWN
BURN, BABY BURN, DISCO INFERNO
BURN, BABY BURN, COME BURN THAT MOTHER DOWN, BURNIN'


So yeah, don't forget the sun block. I feel I should warn people. Don't want you blaming me when you get sunburnt. I warned ye now!

I learned something recently while visiting relatives for Father's Day... apparently glass does NOT protect you from getting sunburns. So if you're sitting in a really sunny room, sunrooms for example, you CAN get a sunburn from the sun's rays coming through the windows. This really depends on the type of glass and how well it protects from UV light, but the general rule of thumb is to understand that glass won't always protect you.

Popular Posts

Past Posts